Excerpt via TNT
In Tacoma, a new culinary gem has emerged, celebrating the delectable delights of the ’70s. Side Piece Kitchen, located at 4704 S. Oakes St., is a haven for biscuit enthusiasts and cheesecake aficionados alike. Let’s delve into the irresistible features of this ’70s-themed cafe.
The Allure of Biscuits and Cheesecakes:
- Specialty Delicacies: Side Piece Kitchen is all about exceptional biscuits, mouthwatering breakfast sandwiches, and decadent cheesecakes.
- Official Opening: The cafe officially opens its doors on October 6, inviting the community to savor their delightful offerings.
- From Ghost Kitchen to Brick-and-Mortar: Chef Hailey Hernandez and Dante transformed Side Piece from a successful ghost kitchen into a bustling brick-and-mortar restaurant.
- Devoted Fan Base: The restaurant quickly garnered a devoted following, known for its exceptional biscuits and unapologetically decadent cheesecakes.
The Quirky Menu:
- Creative Names: The menu is creatively crafted, featuring quirky names like Croque Ma’damnnnn and Avocado Toast Ruined My Life.
- Delightful Cheesecake Flavors: Core cheesecake flavors include pink-swirled strawberry shortcake, Nilla Wafer-topped banana pudding, and cajeta, a goat-milk caramel delight.
- Ever-Growing Specials: The menu showcases an array of specials, often inspired by diverse foods like ice cream and drinks, with exciting bases and flavors.
The ’70s Vibe:
- Nostalgic Decor: Transport yourself back to the ’70s with the restaurant’s retro-themed decor, a tribute to Hailey’s mother.
- Crowdsourced Funding: The Hernandezes launched a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund the decor and secured a grant from the City of Tacoma, bringing their vision to life.
- Daytime Delights: Side Piece Kitchen operates during the day, offering limited indoor seating and takeout options.
- Future Patio Plans: Stay tuned for a sidewalk patio, enhancing the cafe’s overall experience.
Side Piece Kitchen is not just a cafe; it’s an immersive journey into the past, celebrating the flavors and nostalgia of the ’70s. From bodacious biscuits to crazy cheesecakes, this cafe promises an experience that will keep you coming back for more.